Another Friday has come and gone and I assure you it was a good one! This Science Friday was all about salt crystals. This project was just about as simple and easy as they come with ingredients you are sure to have on hand. As of 23:00 hours our time, our crystals are growing nicely in an undisturbed corner of the kitchen. Give it a try, we’d love to hear how YOUR salt crystals turn out!
Have a superior Saturday!
Salt (1/4 C.)
Water (1/2 C.)
Plus food coloring, a shallow container to put your rocks in, a pot to heat the water and salt in, measuring cup, and you’re set!
1. Put said rocks into your container.
2. Pour 1/2 cup of water into a pot. (Don’t be upset, spills happen! 😉
3. Add 1/4 cup salt. Bring to a simmer.
4. Stir the salt and water until the salt is fully incorporated.
5. Stare at your mixture to make sure it’s perfect.
6. Carefully pour the salt water over your rocks.
7. Add random drops of food coloring to your rocks.
8. Cheese for the camera because you are a budding scientist.
9. Wah-lah! Check your rocks obsessively throughout the day. Hey! I think a crystal is forming!!!!