As Spring approaches I often look at ways that I can add some happy notes to my wardrobe. To me, Spring style means an infusion of wardrobe options that have a more playful, whimsical, and flirtatious appeal. Here are a few Spring trends that I am digging:
1. The Mule- Easy to wear, and endlessly adaptable, this trend is a fun work-wear update that you might try! I have this pair, and this pair, and though I won’t be adding any more to my repertoire, I love this blush pair that I posted above.
2. Flowers, Floral, and Blooming Patterns- Flowers are ALWAYS on my Spring style radar. Wearing your garden gives you the chance to celebrate playful prints, and the promise of warmer weather to come.
3. The Edge of Fun Meets Funky- Sometimes it’s nice to mix a little bit of sass and a slightly edgier element into your Spring style cadre. I am smitten with this silk tiger print top from J.Crew, and actually received it as a sweet gift from my husband. I’m excited to wear it for work– paired with cropped seasonless wool pants (as shown), or play– along with a pair of cutoff shorts and some artsy earrings when things warm up.
4. The Stripe- Long live stripes for any season! I have loved the new lineup of work friendly options that have a touch of distinction that deviates from the standard oxford. This striped wrap top does the trick. It can also double as a casual piece, or dressed up with a more formal skirt for added dimension.
5. Denim Extras- Denim is another dynamic Spring staple that morphs and changes with each new season. For Spring, look for details like the sweet ruffle on this skirt, or a darker wash which is also coming back into vogue, another subtle nod to the 90s. If your workplace isn’t converse approved, you could easily swap these out for office appropriate heels, and then grab your tennis shoes for your walk to and from the metro.
I hope you have an awesome Wednesday. Another NNTC coming your way on Friday. I’m stoked to double post this week. Thank you for reading, comments, sharing, and simply stopping by!